View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
What I've been doing lately, if a book is fairly simple (no pics/ limited style), I convert it to TXT with markdown (preserves stuff like bold/italics), doing a quick read-through in a text editor fixing some small errors, then converting that back to epub.

I'm quite happy with results, and if any need further editing, I can either use Sigil on the epub, or as I'm doing more, using a text editor on the TXT and adding further markdown and formatting and then re-converting back to epub.

Edit:
(I'm actually using the Textile addition to the TXT as this allows more formatting - sub/superscript and paragraph justification)

Last edited by Perkin; 01-28-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: additional info.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote