View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #7
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi Steve, et al,

pondered this for a while.

I too, dislike the latin, whether it's correct or not - I stumbled in my reading of it.

Mottos that I have encountered have been very few words, and though I know the terms are too archaic, I suggest in the hope it will inspire you, "Sword" and "Shield". ("Earthsword" and "Earthshield"?)

Perhaps too, "No Cost Too Great" or similar. Though fewer words would give more punch.

I lean away from the "Never give up..." because Bruce Springsteen did it so well with his song, "No Surrender" - "...no retreat, baby, no surrender..." and this was hardly a new term then.

I hope this has helped.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote