View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
That would be terrific

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
That's interesting, I've heard that CS5 is pretty disappointing in that regard. We probably won't upgrade in a while anyway as we'll have to do it company-wide.

We use Indesign to lay out the paper books, and the last few revisions only exist as Indesign documents and PDFs, so we're pretty much stuck with it. The production path I've devised actually works pretty well for us, usually producing an epub from a press indd takes about 15-30 minutes. I'm thinking about polishing and translating the guide for general consumption as well. It might be useful for someone, and it's in everybody's best interest that people know how to produce quality epubs
Me, too--I receive "epubs" that are exported from InDesign by dead-tree book designers and they are seriously bollixed. If you have something I can use to make my life easier, that would be great.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote