View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 05:04 AM   #7
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
I think it is directly related to ebooks, in fact this is precisely why I bought an ebook reader. I used to print off academic journal articles, essays, book chapters etc. and carry them around in lever arch files, which became increasingly disorganised the longer I had them. Now everything gets put into folders on my reader and it organises itself on the basis of the metadata in the individual files.

I used to buy a box of paper (that's 2500 sheets!) every couple of months. I haven't bought a box for at least three months and there are still more than three reams left of the last box I bought.

I find I still need to do final proofing of my own stuff from hard copy though - but that is possibly just some kind of "hand over anxiety" on my part - at some level I still believe that if I haven't seen what I produce printed I can't really sign off on it. But I'm getting there!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote