View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #949
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm really not depriving myself of very much either. My idea of dieting now is simply eating less, not eating between meals, and cutting out fried or fatty foods. I never did eat bread the way most Americans do... i.e. having a loaf of white bread and a tub of butter or margarine on the table at every meal. If I eat bread, it will be a 'specialty' bread, and I might only eat it once or twice a week. Cutting out French Fries is a big chunk of calories that I've stopped though. But I think the real key to weight loss is moving. Walking is just as effective as running or jogging,. It just takes more of it to burn the same energy. Fencing is a real burner although the numbers provided by the National Sports council say otherwise. I can't figure out how they arrived at them?!? I weighed my uniform before and after fencing one day. There was a 2-kilo difference caused by water/sweat. That's two liters of sweat... You don't produce two liters of sweat playing chess. You do it through moving, and moving hard. When I pass by fancy health clubs and see people on stationary bicycles reading a book while they gently pedal... well... I wish them well. It's going to be a looooong time before they see any results, and will probably quit long before that happens. Ya gotta do the work if you want to lose the weight.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote