View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #5
derangedhermit
Addict
derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.derangedhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
So the ebooks are kept internally in the state they were originally after the "Add books" (or "Get books" I suppose) operation?

There is a statement in the General Discussions forum ("genres" thread) that to get a cover updated for download to device, you have to do a conversion (or use a plugin) - that just "Send to device" doesn't do it (unlike other metadata). I'd like to know for sure since on my last downloads, the cover I got from straight download to the Nook from B&N was different for a number of books from the cover I got by downloading to PC - adding to Calibre (no epub-epub conversion) - sending to device (the same Nook). I'm not sure what's happening there.

My settings are as close to "do nothing" on input, output and epub file type as I can make them. I made these settings changes before adding any books into a new, empty library, to try to avoid all the calibre html and css that got added the first time I tried to build a Calibre library.
derangedhermit is offline   Reply With Quote