View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #47
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
From Blasted Heath:

The Long Midnight of Barney Thomson by Douglas Lindsay is free. Also free on Amazon UK. Previously free at Kobo.

Quote:
Barney Thomson — awkward, diffident, Glasgow barber — lives a life of desperate mediocrity. Shunned at work and at home, unable to break out of a twenty-year rut, each dull day blends seamlessly into the next.

However, there is no life so tedious that it cannot be spiced up by inadvertent murder, a deranged psychopath, and a freezer full of neatly packaged meat.

Barney Thomson's uninteresting life is about to go from 0 to 60 in five seconds, as he enters the grotesque and comically absurd world of the serial killer…
Robert Carlyle wants to make a movie about this book and star in it:

Quote:
“I am trying to adapt a book called The Long Midnight of Barney Thomson for a movie that I hope to direct next year. And I say ‘hope’ with my fingers crossed.

“It’s a quirky, interesting, dark comedy about a barber who accidentally kills two or three people...The Long Midnight Of Barney Thomson was published in 1999 and is the first of seven novels about a misfit Glasgow barber. Just like Trainspotting – the Irvine Welsh novel which became a hit film starring Robert – much of it is written in Scots dialect.

Author Douglas Lindsay was born in Lanarkshire and studied in Glasgow before moving to England.

The ex-MoD worker has tried unsuccessfully to get his work on the big screen before. He claims the title role was rejected by Ewan McGregor, Robbie Coltrane and Billy Connolly.

Douglas said: “I believe the intention is, that as well as directing, Robert will play Barney, which is great.”
Robert Carlyle to go behind the camera and direct adaptation of Glasgow crime novels
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote