View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 05:07 AM   #262
PhM
PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PhM has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecdc7731 View Post
A plug in that compares 2 libraries for duplicates. I keep a master library that I have on a large portable drive but I also have a seperate library of books that are kept on a flash drive. There are times that I only have the flash drive and/or the portable hard drive so the books go directly on whichever I have at the time. I know there are duplications and I want to maintain the master library with everything on it without copying everything from the flash drive and then weeding through the duplicates.
I am doing that all the time. I also have a master library on my desktop and a copy on a portable drive. I keep them synchronized outside Calibre, with a general utility (Beyond Compare, but the free Karen Replicator would probably do as well). This works fine provided you do it systematically (ie do not start updating *both* libraries)
PhM is offline   Reply With Quote