View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Is it just me, or have certain publishers, to remain nameless because they post on MR, decided to take advantage of calibre's tagging system by attaching a dozen or more tags to each book (including their name, website, etc.)?
As others have said, that's not really it. The biggest offenders I've found are on Smashwords, not necessarily authors that use MR. It reminds me very much of keyword spamming in webpage headers. Same awful technique. Whenever I put in three or four Smashwords books into Calibre, I'm guaranteed to have 30 or more new tags in the tag browser. Some use the names of top authors in their genre, or even titles of bestsellers. It's bizarre and I'd love for someone to put a stop to it. Do we need to come up with "white hat" policy for ebook keywording?
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote