View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
I would want it after the TOC (an active TOC that would allow me to skip the blurb and go directly to the book.) If I have already read the blurb I do not want to keep pressing the forward button to get past the blurb to the TOC or the start of the book.

Next they will add coming attractions and an FBI warning before I can get to the book. If you must put it before the TOC, give me a way to skip the blurb.
i would like it before the TOC (i think it should be the first thing in the book, so that i can quickly take a look at it when choosing what to read next, the way i look at the back cover of a paper book), but i also think that there should be a link at the beginning of the blurb to skip to the TOC or even to the beginning of the first chapter. i can understand that if you know what the book is about and want to start reading, a blurb is superfluous.

anyway this is only a stop-gap solution ; the best solution would be to always include the blurb in the meta-data of the book, and have an easy way to display it on the liseuse. but this is not the case yet. although i believe that hadrien has added descriptions to all the feedbooks epubs. now we just need a firmware update to display this information.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote