View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #579
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
With all due respect... There you go jumping on somebody without reading the posts.

In #574, 3) I said, "I could not (can not) create a collection named "Ring of Fire". I tried 4 times, and finally created it from the Kindle menu."

This means to me that "Amazon/Lab126" is performing correctly (in this case) and Collections Manager is for some unknown reason not communicating its desires to the underlying functionality. (shrugs)
If you want, you can grep the source code of collections manager for "Ring of Fire" to see whether I implemented some easter egg which prevents the creation of such a collection (I didn't).

Alternatively, you can start here and work your way through the code to see that it always ends up doing the same pattern of action, namely creating a MutableCollection object, settings its name, and committing a transaction with that object. Yes, there are multiple indirections, because I have to account for every single firmware employing its own obfuscation mechanism, but I can assure you that I'm only passing the input to the underlying firmware.

EDIT: While looking at it - you may have a BOOK with the name "Ring of Fire", in which case CM would also refuse to create a collection with the same name.

Last edited by ixtab; 07-27-2013 at 05:19 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote