View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #15420
fantasyfan
Wizard
fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fantasyfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, 4G, iPad Air 2, iPhone IE
I read Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang by Emma Thompson. She shows some effective wit and by-and-large it's a fairly successful pre-teen book, though perhaps it could do with a little less of nudge, nudge, wink, wink authorial narration. And some strings are left a bit hanging at the end--something children will certainly notice.

Very interesting, too, is the diary which is more-or-less an entertaining "making of the film" . She alternates "Story" chapters with "Diary chapters so that the reader can simply skip the diary and read the entire narrative in sequence or vice-versa.

The little glossary at the end is most informative. I now know what "grips" and "gaffers" are and have some conception of the complex directorial hierarchy. Film credits will mean a great deal more to me now!
fantasyfan is offline   Reply With Quote