View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 12:31 PM   #15
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I get what you are saying Deb and actually I'm always really glad I don't have to mess around with the Amazon archives every time I set up a new Kindle. I like having all my books on my devices so I don't have to download from the archives.

I remember when the K3 was released on the Amazon Kindle forum -- all those people discovered that the DRM'd copies they were holding in Calibre would have to be deleted book by book and then added in with new DRM'd copies in order to work with their new Kindles. It is a pain in the butt with a library numbered in the hundreds of books. When you've accumulated thousands of books and documents, it is unworkable. And five years from now, who is going to want to dig out a book from their Calibre library and try to remember what device it is locked to?

So ... get those things liberated.

And for what it is worth, last time I set up a Kindle I dumped 1200 books on it at once, plugged it into the wall charger overnight and just let it go. It took about 24 hours to Index them all but it made it through okay.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote