View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 11:53 PM   #45
American_Desi
Connoisseur
American_Desi began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 12.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
Could be because it uses pil exactly for auto-tagging. Maybe google for pil and anaconda, there should be a way to import it. Alternatively you could try to replace all references to pil in the source code with pillow. That is the newer version anaconda comes with. But I don't know, if the api is fully compatible.

You could use the "embed comic metadata" plugin in calibre to mass convert cbr to cbz. It's one of the extra actions available there.
I didn't think about that. Yes, the embed plugin works perfectly for converting to cbz. Roundabout, though. Since I have to import the comics into Calibre, then use the plug in, then export them back, then import them into ComicTagger, then save the tags, then reimport them back into Calibre....

I'm trying to get my head around the first suggestion and your subsequent link. Bear in mind that I'm not a programmer, so this is all new to me. I always gravitate towards the simpler solution in these cases, so I looked at the web link you provided. There are a bunch of files there, about 8 for osX, 6 for what I assume is the 64-bit version and two for the 32-bit version. Which am I supposed to get? I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.5, Late 2012 model 21.5" with 3.1 GHz Intel Core i7. And, do I get all of the files for a given version (32 or 64-bit) or just one of the files? Also, where do I put them? And when you say, "use your environment as the destination," do you mean the directory where I have the comictagger.py file?
American_Desi is offline   Reply With Quote