View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #41
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Desi View Post
What about batch importing meta-data for multiple comics? Any way to do that?

I've tried selecting multiple files on the right side and right-clicking and doing "auto-identify" but it still only does one at a time.

EDIT: Ok, sorry about this... you've been incredibly patient and helpful but I discovered one more serious problem. In addition to my question above about batch editing, I'm still having two problems.

The less serious one is that, despite trying both commands above, the PIL is still not found.

The MORE serious one is that the program does not read .cbr files. It tells me I need to put in the pathway for the unrar program, and so I downloaded WinRar for MacOS and set the appropriate programs in preferences. Nevertheless, when I try to read a cbr file, it just hangs and never fully imports it. Have you encountered this problem? It is a bug? Is there another program I can try? I have "The Unarchiver" for Mac which I normally use for rar files, but it doesn't allow me to select this program.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of my comic files are in cbr format, so I can't do anything with them....
Concerning the rar issue: It should read cbr, but can't embed any metadata into it. Rar is not open source and only allows extraction without the rar program. You need to convert the cbr to cbz (just a zip).

For pil, try
pip install pil

It can batch import. Just select the comics on the right and on the toolbar click auto-tag.

Last edited by dickloraine; 06-30-2017 at 07:49 AM.
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote