View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Thanks for your pointers, uboot!

I may have been a bit premature in my judgment of the distributed sources' completeness, although the verdict is not entirely clear yet.

The CONFIG_READER_WIFI symbol is indeed and definitely missing from Sony's tarballs. However, on closer inspection it seems that all other config options shown in /proc/config.gz are actually present in the source, and conversely (and in contrast to what I said in my original posting), /proc/config.gz is also complete with respect to the config options provided in the source. Perhaps the CONFIG_READER_WIFI symbol is not used in any actual kernel code, but only to select other kernel-configuration settings (in a defconfig file that Sony does not distribute)?

Using the source tree, I was able to build a kernel with a matching modversion. I haven't tried booting this kernel, but with it I succeeded in building a kernel module (tun.ko) that insmods and works fine with the firmware's original kernel.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote