Thread: No Sound - Ever
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
dee_can
Enthusiast
dee_can began at the beginning.

Device: kobo original, kobo touch, kobo vox, ipod touch
No Sound - Ever

Hi, I got my Kobo Vox as a Christmas gift, and I got it set up for the most part (except a glitch with outgoing mail/ports); but my main problem at the moment is that from the second I set up the Vox it has had no sound. Under Settings, Silent Mode is not checked off; Volume is set at it's highest point; I checked Audible selection to play sound when making a selection (I was desperate to hear something); Screen lock sounds is checked off (again, I was desperate); the volume tab on the left-hand side has been pushed until it shows 100% volume. Yet - nothing.

I tried playing youtube videos, I get no sound. I downloaded Flash Player - not knowing whether this will help, to be honest. Still nothing.

So after trying different things, thinking that maybe I have this set up incorrectly, I phoned Kobo Help yesterday, and was told to reset the device, which I tried before, but it didn't fix the problem. Now I'm waiting to hear from some one from Tier 2, but in the meantime I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone knows what the problem might be? Or has a suggestion that I might try. Kobo asked me when I bought it and I told them I received Nov 12, but wrapped it up right away without opening it, for a Christmas present. So I've only been using it (in silence) since Dec 25.

Thank you!
dee_can is offline   Reply With Quote