View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:39 AM   #1
feelalittlelove
feelalittlelove began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Calibre duplicates some files when adding, doesn't add others.

So I had this odd thing happen to me today. I loaded Calibre and for some reason my library was gone. A few Google searches led me to believe my metadata.db file had been corrupted, but I couldn't figure out how to access the command line thing to restore it (as was suggested by a few of my Google hits). So, soldiering on, I decided to just re-add all my e-books and then manually back up the metadata.db after I'd done so.

So I hit "Add books from multiple directories", went into my Calibre directory, highlighted all the author folders and hit OK. Only now I'm running into this issue where Calibre has only added about half my ebooks, and ignored the other half. And the ones it did add, there are now two copies of them (ie: I go into the folder for Barbara Kingsolver and there are two folders for 'The Lacuna', each with the same file inside). Is there any advice you folks have for how to prevent this duplication? If for some reason I do have to re-add everything again, it'd be nice not to have to then go back and delete the duplicates of all my ebooks. :)

Thanks in advance for the help!
feelalittlelove is offline   Reply With Quote