View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Did anyone do it? Seems to be a lot more trouble than before. Is upgrading worth it? Mine is factory unlocked, so that is not an issue. But for me the iphone is unusable when it is not jailbroken.
Jailbreaking with Geohot's blackra1n is incredibly easy. I just updated to 3.1.2 through iTunes, executed blackra1n.exe and hit "make it ra1n". That's it.

For me it is worth it for quick access to Flightmode, WiFi and Bluetooth toggles plus the ability to enable apps running in the background and disable screen rotations (for browsing webpages while lying down ). I've always been a little concerned that jailbreaking reduces battery life but it doesn't cause me any real dramas.
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote