View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #14
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
It's very confused, but the e-ink web site says the Mini uses a Pearl:
http://www.eink.com/customer_showcase_kobo_mini.html
The problem is, that eink website seems to use the "E Ink Pearl Active Matrix Display" as a generic term relating to the Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo and the Kindle Paperwhite. Are they all really using the same screens, it seems unlikely, as why would Kobo list the screens on the Glo and Mini differently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechR View Post
The article says "the resolution is 1,024 x 758 (yes, 758)." Is that really true? If not, somebody might wanna let Engadget know, because they even repeated it for emphasis like they were sure of it.
SameerH from Kobo stated that figure too in his post here, and I've read some posts discussing the Kindle Touch and how the firmware for it has support for the features of the new Kindle Paperwhite including "1024x758, 212 dpi display". I haven't a clue if it's a typo or if it's correct and people are just 'fixing' it to the standard 768. Does it really matter?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote