View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #26
jtdolphins
Zealot
jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jtdolphins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipod touch, Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I'm confused what one has to do with the other.
Trying to convince my family for local backup I made the following arguments.

1. Its up to us to back up our files. Amazon is a good secondary point.
2. Shouldn't think companies care about you. Similar to when Amazon deleted 1984, because they didn't have the rights to it.
3. You may not always have internet.

<<Love the pic Tubmonkey >>

At the time people were upset that netflix took off some shows they were watching and some connectivity issues with netflix at time. My mom pointed out that this was what I was talking about. She was focusing on access to people's files in terms they understood. I was talking about ownership to much, whereas they only cared about access. Point for both views is you need local storage.
jtdolphins is offline   Reply With Quote