View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobop View Post
After opening .epub and .mobi files within Calibre or Calibre ebook viewer for a while, I wondered about associating these types of files with Calibre ebook viewer. When I double-clicked on an .epub or .mobi file, my text editor would usually try to open the files and warn about a huge file with binary characters etc.

Well, I chose the other option for choosing a program to open .epub files from a list within Windows. Then I browsed to the Calibre ebook viewer executable file and saved. Now whenever I double-click an .epub or .mobi file within a folder archive, Calibre ebook reader opens the file fast and easy. When I went to associate .mobi files this same way, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Windows now recommended to associate Calibre for this format as well. I could see all the file icons change real fast to Calibre files.

This method saves you time and hassle when you have your desktop covered with open windows, so you don't need to minimize or go to >Start>Programs>Caliber>Ebook Reader etc. Just double-click the file and you are reading your book.

Many of you are probably aware of this already, but I just wanted to share this with anybody that hasn't yet tried this method.

Thanks again for a great program!!
In Windows (file) Explorer: Right click on the file: Properties : (Open With) Click the change Button:
Pick or Add you poison. OK: OK
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote