View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 10:13 AM   #72
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I wouldn't call her a chick, I find that insulting.

But yes, she took ages to finish her series. She should have finished it after book 4. Maybe a book 5 (as an opposite book to the first, where she found a home and had to leave, where in the 5th, she'd arrive at a new home, describe how different her life would be there and they'll live happily ever after....)

I think she lost sight of her ending. And thus couldn't end the series. I've not finished the last book yet (it's on my Mini and while it's always in my bag, it's getting more difficult to read in these dark days!), so I don't know if she ended all her lose ends or not. But I get the impression she wants to end them all and doesn't really know how... (writing yourself in a corner, is that a valid saying?)

And that's a big problem with a lot of series. If you write a series, you should already know, not only the start, middle and ending of the book, but also the start, middle and ending of the entire series. At least the basic part. And I think most starting writers don't know it and thus simply start writing and hope they'll eventually might even finish the series...
The "chick" wasn't meant to be insulting. I'm a chick.

But other than that, I see where you are coming from. That is my biggest issue with series that are written by people trying to make a $$ rather than trying to write a story. If the story is there the money will come... not the other way around.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote