View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
So if we do decide to add support for popup footnotes (and that is still a big if, and it would come *after* main epub3 support was complete), I think it should only be in PV and only for epub3 and only to show that the correct epub:type attributes are set (IMHO).

In other words, we use Sigil and this feature to nudge epub3 developers to set the correct semantics all throughout their document so that special cases like these can be handled by readers.

How about that idea?
That's fine by me. I just didn't want Sigil to get into the business of guessing what might be a footnote or not. As long as it's used in the manner you described--to indicate that the semantics were set properly in a v3 EPUB--I don't mind. I just didn't want beginners seeing pop-ups for all their footnotes (EPUB2or3; semantics or no) and thinking that's the way it's going to work everywhere ("Look ... Popup footonotes just work like magic!").

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-08-2016 at 03:58 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote