View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
... So, we'll still wait for them to be supported with our ebook-readers. Will Sigil display them correctly soon?
"Correctly" may be the wrong term.
I don't believe the "Popping up" of foot- and/or end-notes to be a requirement/recommendation of the EPUB3 specification. Reading systems can handle them in any way they see fit, AFAIK.

As far as how Sigil displays them, I don't know if there's any plans to handle them in any special way. Kevin may have plans or other ideas about it--I'll let him speak to that--but for myself, I don't foresee coding any special handling of footnotes (heuristic or otherwise) into Sigil. I wouldn't want to give people the false impression that they've made an EPUB whose footnotes will universally "Pop Up." I think it's best that they rely on verifying how these things work on their target reading system(s).

It would be different if Sigil were an actual reading system instead of an editing/creation tool.

I could be all wet, though, and Kevin could be coding popup footnotes for Sigil as we speak. Hopefully he'll see this thread and comment on it himself.

EDIT: see... I told you I could be all wet (see Kevin's post while I was typing).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-08-2016 at 11:19 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote