View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #13
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have a Voyage and I have 2 of the new Paperwhites. When I put them all side by side they all look different. Even the 2 Paperwhites look different than each other. But it's hard to say any looks better. When I read on them they all look perfect.

I wasn't really very happy with the Voyage because for some reason I was always touching the screen by mistake and turning the page when I didn't mean to. It happened a lot. I bought the first new Paperwhite before I realized it also had a flush screen. I'm not sure I'd have gotten one if I knew. But that doesn't happen on the Paperwhite for some reason. I guess I hold them differently.

It's not really true that the new Paperwhite is just an updated Voyage because it's bigger and the thing I liked best about the Voyage was that it was smaller in my hand. It was a bit more comfortable to hold. All in all though, I prefer the new Paperwhite.

I never used the extra features in the Voyage, the page press and self-adjusting light. I kept those both turned off.

I think, though, that if I was buying one I'd much rather have the newer unit because it's battery is newer. A voyage will have a battery at least 2 years old already and the typical battery life is 5 or 6 years. After that you just don't know when it'll get weak.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote