View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #2
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
After doing more research, I see why my attempts thus far have no worked.

In the following:
Code:
http://10.192.0.2:8080/calibre/#library_id=Calibre&panel=book_list&sort=author_sort.asc,series.asc&vl=Novels
... everything past the # is called a "fragment", and it is NOT passed to the server with the URI request. Fragments are handled on the client end. So me trying to rewrite something BEING SENT TO THE SERVER (via proxy_pass in this case) would never work.

So while I initially thought this should be something I could do in NGINX, I am not so sure now. I will have to do more research. But if anyone here knows the answer, I'd love some advice/suggestions. Thanks.

p.s. Maybe I can do something with a 301 redirect sent back to the client. I'll trying messing around with that. The thing is, if these fragments are not sent to the server, then NGINX would not know if the client is hitting it "naked", or with a fragment. So NGINX would not know if it should pass the request through (if it already had a fragment), or rewrite/redirect it with a 301 (if it was "naked"). Hmmm...

Last edited by haertig; 11-17-2017 at 06:15 PM.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote