View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 10:46 AM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
eBook settlement credit is on the way

Today I got this email from B&N:

Quote:
We are happy to let you know that within the next several days you will receive your portion of the Apple Settlement as an electronic credit placed in your Barnes & Noble account. Use your credit to buy books, eBooks, and more in any of our channels — online, in-store, or on your NOOK® or NOOK Reading App™.

How will I know my credit is ready to use?
Within the next few days, you will receive another email confirming that your credit is in your account. That notice will also include a printable certificate that you can use at any Barnes & Noble store.

Find out more about the credit and how you can start using it.

Why am I getting this credit?
The credit results from the Settlement reached with Apple Inc. in an antitrust lawsuit filed by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books. We previously sent you emails informing you that you were eligible for a credit in your Barnes & Noble account. If you did not receive those emails, you can read about the Settlement at www.EBookLawsuits.com. Barnes & Noble was not a party to the Settlement, but as a Barnes & Noble customer you can take advantage of the benefits agreed to by the settling parties.

Will my credit expire?
If you do not use some part of the credit to make a purchase within one year, your entire credit will expire on June 24, 2017, and you will no longer have access to use it. However, if you make a purchase that only uses part of your credit, the remainder of the credit will have no expiration date.

How was my credit amount calculated?
The amount of your credit was determined by (1) how many qualifying eBooks you purchased during the claims period and (2) if the eligible eBook was ever a New York Times Bestseller. eBooks that were New York Times Bestsellers received a higher per eBook credit than those that were not New York Times Bestsellers.

As always we appreciate your business. Thank you for being a valued Barnes & Noble customer.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble
So others who bought books during the time period covered will also likely receive their credits soon.

I'm not even sure what my refund will be, but I'm glad it's arriving soon.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote