View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #14514
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Too right! Though the 'Spenser' novels did well all the way through, and Jesse Stone, despite using the same dialog techniques as Spenser, manages to make it as well. Will we be able to say the same for Virgil Flowers? His last time at bat was just a bit not up to par...

Stitchawl
Yes, Parker consistently produced a predictable product of acceptable to good quality. I actually enjoyed all three of his series, though I confess to getting a bit tired of the same basic relationship issues in all three. But then, one has only to look at his personal life to know where all that came from.

I haven't been all that pleased with Flowers as a replacement, but I'll likely give it a bit more of a chance.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote