View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
ODF is old news, and only partially supported; last time I checked re-saving an ODF would put it in a version of the format which only Word could open. Typical MS behavior, though- adopt someone else's format, add your own proprietary extensions to it, then see that the original format dies from lack of use.
I agree. Somehow my work computer (Windows 7, Office 2010) has developed a taste for saving documents in odf format dunno where it came from, maybe because I installed LibreOffice. Only problem is it tells me every time that it can't save in that format - in fact it is this message that makes me remember to change the file type to docx.

Editor's note: damned spill chuckers. I wrote 'saving documents in odf' and it was changed to 'off', and I wrote 'file type to docx' and it was changed to dock, and neither of them was noticed (by me) until later. <sigh>

Last edited by James_Wilde; 08-16-2012 at 02:37 PM.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote