View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
This is really bizarre.

A few months ago, I clicked a link about DRM that got redirected from tor.com to a Tor Forge page at macmillan.com that says, as others have noted, "by early July 2012, their entire list of e-books will be available DRM-free."

Excellent! I thought. So I've been checking that page every week since, waiting for the follow-up announcement celebrating that they've done it. It's still not there.

I checked in here to see if anyone knows anything about their cold feet, and now I see Crusader's link back to tor.com. If they want to sell books, I wonder why they misdirected me to a page that they aren't updating.

At any rate, I'm very, very pleased about this step in the right direction. DRM is not only evil, it's a colossal hassle.
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote