Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #29
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm looking forward to reading Tender is the Night. I loved The Great Gatsby when I read it, so I'm hoping this one is as good.

I also wouldn't have minded reading Outlander. As to the author's opinions, they certainly seem questionable but it wouldn't have stopped me from reading her book if I'd wanted to. If I want to read a book, a bratty author won't keep me from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I'm shocked and saddened (looking at the original poll), that people, as a whole, have chosen tragedy over fun, love, sex and possible happiness. How very depressing.
Some of the most famous romances are tragedies, such as Romeo and Juliet.

Saying that what people chose to vote for is "shocking, saddening and depressing" is a bit extreme, no?

(although, for the record, *I* originally voted for a book with fun, love and possible happiness )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Looking at the results of the first round of polling the top vote count went to two classic novels, a sci-fi novel, and a mystery. So much for romance or erotica.
Genres can intermingle with each other. You think romance can't be classic?!?

Also, this month's category isn't "erotica", so I'm not sure why you are saying "so much for" erotica?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote