View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 12:21 AM   #6
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My personal take is that Murphy was an optimist. Yes, you can make it work if you are careful. Unfortunately, all of us being human, sooner or later, calibre will be launched while cloud syncing is active.

The horrible example for me was one acquaintance of mine who used a batch file that stopped cloud sync prior to launching calibre and then restarted it on exit. This worked for him for a couple of years until the day he (1) downloaded an calibre update, (2) installed it while calibre wasn't running and (3) did not remove the check to keep calibre from launching after the install. He ended up re-importing his library from backup when calibre informed him that he had <100 books in his library.
Could happen, of course, but it would be no particular bother to restore my library from a back-up copy. As I manage my Calibre library from two different computers, there is really no other way to do that than to use Dropbox. Flash drives are horribly slow and error-prone, and the content server only has very basic options.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote