View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
By the way, "pages of predefined length like ePub" is incorrect, that's only the (useless, in my view) default definition of "pages" in the ADE reader. Having some markers indicating where pages in a given printed edition are may be useful for reference, but introducing arbitrary fixed lengths for purely ebook editions is stupid
I should just point out that by "predefined" I meant decided prior to display time... whether by the bookmaker explicitly indicating where the paper edition's pages begin and end, or by the bookmaker opting not to do so and thereby implicitly give their blessings to the default page assumption made by ADE.

I am largely in agreement with most of what you wrote by the way.

I did however get the impression before that some people seem to think the scroll (as in scrolling, not as in "a scroll"... since even those have pages) approach is preferable to the page(d display environment) approach.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote