View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Can only talk about my own experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookreaders View Post
I've added 8" and 10" screen sizes to the pdf file as well, for those of you interested in comparing the iLiad, DR1000 en Kindle DX with the smaller ebook readers.
Dear All:

As you know, Astak makes two lines of eBook Reader: "EZ Reader" and "Mentor". I love the new 5 inch in the EZ Reader. The first day I tested it I noticed that the resolution is much sharper on a 5 inch. This is because the same 200DPI on a 6 inch goes into a 5 inch screen. The result is a surprise as reading on a smaller screen is NOT a problem but a pleasure.

For me, at least, the fonts stood out more sharply and my eyes were immediately comfortable.

I am not knocking the larger sizes as 9.7 inch Flexi screened models will come out in the Fall for both our lines. BUT, despite the lighter weight and slightly thinner and smaller form factors ours will have, there is a limitation. I surely would not want to use a large screen on a plane. I doubt it will fit into the seat pocket in front of you and you cannot put it on the floor. You can, of course, leave it in the strorage bin but what good is that during the flight.

What I am saying is that I see a home for both. If you can get a good 5 inch with Epson Controller and 400MHz processor for around $200 (and maybe it adds 8 level grey scale and TTS and comes in colors) then I see the convenience of that little 5 inch being outstanding. I see where a lot of people will want both sizes.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote