View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 02:26 PM   #1200
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Attached here is a version to make the new restore sort work under PyQt6. I think also the changes below are needed for other parts of the plugin.

Qt.PartiallyChecked > Qt.CheckState.PartiallyChecked
Qt.Checked > Qt.CheckState.Checked
Qt.Unchecked > Qt.CheckState.Unchecked

For some reason, those did not work for me in the restore sort code. I have to resort to using the boolean isChecked() method instead.
Unfortunately, just doing a global find and replace to these breaks back compatibility to calibre 2 and 3. Cursory testing shows it does work with calibre 4 & 5.

From https://calibre-ebook.com/dynamic/calibre-usage
Usage share by major version
5 78.0%
4 8.7%
3 9.0%
2 2.9%
1 0.8%
0 0.6%

I hesitate to drop cal 3 support when it out numbers cal 4.

capink's report of needing isChecked() is also concerning, but offers an incentive to not use Qt.CheckState.

Changing everything to isChecked() and setChecked(True/False) instead of using the Qt.CheckState values would be fine, I think, except for FavouriteMenu's use of PartiallyChecked. I think all other references to PartiallyChecked in the kiwidude plugins I maintain are unused and can be removed.

That doesn't address all the other kiwidude plugins...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Jimm
I gave noticed a number of times that 'Reading List' has (leftover/Standing) things to process that users forgot about setting up.

Is it possible to have an Alternate Toolbar Icon when this is true?
(add/overlay a clock face, book... to the standard icon)
I don't understand what you mean. Regardless, I'd probably accept a patch for that, but I'm not interested in adding it myself.
JimmXinu is online now   Reply With Quote