View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 06:57 PM   #5
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I just started my 6th K.U. promo this morning. I think four of those were free, and two were 99 cents each. The typical duration is 3 months. But the 5th promo for me was 2 months, and one of the previous ones was 4 months (started out as 3 months, but they sent an email extending it to 4 months).

I've never seen a reason to actually pay for K.U. (at least, not pay more than 99 cents for 3 months). I wouldn't pay normal price because it just isn't worth it to me. What I generally do, is download books from K.U. and do a quick flip-through scanning to see if the book might be good for purchase later. Kind of an extended "Look Inside!" preview of the book. Some of those Look Inside! previews on Amazon's website tell you enough to determine if you'd like the book or not, but many do not. Hence the extended "K.U. Preview" that I have adopted. I find that it's cheaper for me to buy the books I like outright than to try and rent them via a K.U. monthly subscription because I don't read all that fast. A single book lasts me for a while. Hey, they keep sending me promos, I'll keep taking advantage of them!

I can't remember what triggered each of the promos I've taken advantage of. I think many were free trials. But some were triggered by a purchase. This latest 6th promo was triggered by a Fire HD8 tablet purchase.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote