View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 09:24 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernard.ryefield View Post
I have no idea why you see only one author as the OPF file has two and Calibre shows the SD card version (kepub) with the two authors.
When I open the kepub version and looked at the metadata, yes, there are two authors. But, they are in two separate "dc:creator" tags. And as I stated above, the Kobo firmware only reads the first of these. And this is identical to the other book you sent details of.

If what you were doing is giving me an example of a book on the device that does match to books in the calibre with multiple authors, then I missed that. Unfortunately, it doesn't help much. The debug logs didn't show any details for the book and I don't know how the initial match was done. Was it the first connection after sending the book, or was it the manual method mentioned above.

If this was another example of a non-match, then it doesn't help as the reason is the multiple authors. This is a reason I know and understand. And I spent a reasonable amount of time over the weekend looking at the code that does the matching and experimenting with it, and I don't have a good solution. The matching is on title and all authors. I don't see a good way to change this to allow a looser match based on a title plus one author.

The best answer I have multiple authors problem is to use the metadata plugboard I mentioned above and resend the books. The next best is to do the manual matching.

I am sure there are other reasons for the books not matching. For me, the mismatches all come to the author handling, or title mismatches due to different sources of books. I assume that a difference in character sets or encoding used could cause a problem. But, that's not one I have seen for sure, and as I'm a single-language English speaker, it isn't something I'm good at testing (meaning I don't have suitable examples or confidence in producing producing real test cases). Until I see examples of other mismatches, I don't know what the cause is, or if there is a way to fix them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote