View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #100
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Sorry folks, not time to explain this morning, but . . . .

Another thing to control in the source is enable/disable "glob expansion" in the functions when using IFS and/or the built-in string operations.

Keeps the dumb-dumb scripting language from trying (first) to turn the word expansion into a path or file name on the storage media.
Will do, thanks. I'm puzzled
Code:
x=${s/[ \t][ \t]/ }
KT sh seems to think that "\t " means a t followed by a space/t while I intended \t as the tab character. Isn't \t a recognized escape? If not, how can I specify tab in that context? ... going to study

edit: comes back... got it from your minimodding guide; use $'\t' instead of \t.

Last edited by stepk; 01-22-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: SOLVED \t
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote