View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 02:31 PM   #1
mechinnovation
mechinnovation began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
PRS 505 Firmware Update

Hi All, I'm completely new to this so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to start but I've got a MAJOR problem with my PRS 505, and if someone here can't help me no-one can.

It all started when after only 24hrs of ownership I plugged a USB cable in when the devise was on standby and device lock was activated. The unit came out of stand by and said devise locked, but didn't give me the option of entering the number sequence. Anyway I couldn't get it out of this state whatever I did. I finally went for the reset button on the back. The device would then not boot up past the start up page. I did this a number of times with various other key presses in between. I realised at this point I was in deep trouble. I finally found something on the web that instructed on how to recover from a bad crash so that it would ask you to update the firmware. Unfortunately this advice was meant for the 500 not the 505. It worked but I don't have a 505 firmware updater. I read somewhere that Sony are intending to release a firmware update end of Feb/March, which I guess I can wait for, but it's a shame not to be able to use it until then particularly after such a same mistake. Has anyone else had a similar experience and recovered their device, if so, can you help me? Thanks in advance, Simon
mechinnovation is offline   Reply With Quote