View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 PM   #18
CraftyDan
Zealot
CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.CraftyDan knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS-600 and PRS-350
Tried it out and -- Long story short -- works as advertised. A workable solution to the "book cover" feature.

My Notes (for what they're worth):
Spoiler:
Install instructions were clear and thorough. Config parameters a little confusing -- creating a form or default buttons would help (I know, easier said than done).

Scheme works best if "calibre_cover" is the only cover marked for standby. Suggest a note in part D.

Part D is a part of the setup, so suggest part D renamed to "Setup 'Copy Cover' on Reader" (or something similar).

Checking errors:
multiple books -- error trapped by plugin, message makes sense.
missing cover -- error trapped by plugin, message makes sense.
*Insufficient space -- error trapped, message makes sense.
*No books selected -- error trapped, message doesn't make sense:

ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 93, in copy_cover
IndexError: list index out of range

I'm out of errors. Calibre hasn't crashed in XP and it works on my -350.
The two *'ed errors were trapped by Calibre, not your code. Should be fine, but these may need further testing cross-platform.

All together, it looks like you've got a clean Beta!
CraftyDan is offline   Reply With Quote