View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Looking for iOS audiobook app with "shake" function

I used to use the Ambling Pro player, and I loved it. They went under and the app stopped working when iOS went to version 11. I've been searching for a good replacement ever since.

The feature I liked most on Ambling, that I used every night, was a "shake" to add time to the sleep timer when it expired. One of the apps I've been using, MP3 Books, does not have the feature. The other, Bookmobile, seems to have the feature in the settings, but it hasn't worked in the few months that I've been using it (I sent an email to the developer just today to ask about it).

Another feature that I really like is a history, that shows when an audiobook has been started, stopped, and its location. The MP3 Books app has it, but it's kind of flaky to use. Bookmobile does not have this feature, and the interface is really weird, I am having a hard time getting used to it.

I just tried Bookplayer, it's very basic. It does not have a "shake" option. I also tried GreenLit, I added an audiobook via iTunes, and it made each MP3 file its own book, which isn't helpful.

Anybody use an iOS app that has a functioning "shake" to add to the sleep timer?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote