Thread: Apple event
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 PM   #34
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
https://www.pcmag.com/news/370686/th...doesnt-have-5g

The technical issues aside, it does unfortunately make the device less attractive to be sure.
5G is in the same space that LTE was when LTE first came out, i.e. the standard is a bit shaky. In addition, 5G is still in the trial stage in the US. The roll out has been a lot slower than I expected it to be. AT&T is playing the same game as they did with LTE, i.e. labeling their current service as 5G when it's not. I had a guy show me that on his existing iPhone, the AT&T coverage was labeled 5G.

I don't know that not having 5G will hurt sales all that much. So many people use WiFi anyway (actually a large part of the planned 5G network is based on the idea that most people will be using WiFi a large part of the time).
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote