View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #15
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
I'm empathetic to that argument. But:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboli View Post
I've been reading and collecting books for many decades now, and even before ebooks came into my life, I was way behind with my reading, and once I started collecting ebooks (legally) that multiplied a hundred-fold, perhaps more. I am at the point, where unless a miracle in science regarding longevity at least, occurs, I am not going to ever read all I have.
I think readers like you and I, that buy books when they are on sale rather than when we are ready to read them (and therefore buy many books and have towering TBR piles) wind up with a skewed view of eBook prices.

As an example, Mr. X by Peter Straub (a book I very much enjoyed) has dropped to $5.99. That is a very fair price. But since I am used to picking up books from between $0.99 - $2.99, it still feels 'expensive' to me. If it goes on sale for my range, it'll be an insta-buy.

I do think back list fiction books (books over 10 years old) that sell for more than $10 do feel outrageous.

(All prices US. Not sure what the Australian equivalents would be.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote