View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #19
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingyar View Post
Hello jgoguen,

Does the plugin work with the new kobo driver of Calibre 0.9.28 ?

What's new for 0.9.28 :
Kobo driver: Add support for the new Kobo Aura HD and firmware version 2.5.0

Thanks
Currently untested, I've had computer problems over the last week and haven't been able to give it a try. Windows decided it suddenly didn't feel like booting, so I've had to reinstall completely and run updates, which can take quite a while. I took the extra time to install Linux (developing on Windows is horrible!) and I'm probably another day from being ready to take a look at the code.

This plugin will not work with the Aura HD, if you want to use the Aura HD (as far as I'm aware, which is admittedly very poorly informed) you will need to leave the KoboTouch driver enabled. I don't have an Aura to test with, nor will I be purchasing one in the foreseeable future. Anyone who's interested in Aura support and has Python experience could add the Aura as a recognized device and see what needs to change and submit patches, or anyone with a lot of extra money sitting around can donate an Aura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Thank you for this. I see looking at Calibre, I have Kobo Reader Device Interface and KoboTouch plugins. Should I be disabling both of those?
Yes, unless you also want to use the Aura, in which case as I mentioned above in this post I think you should leave KoboTouch enabled.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote