View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 06:45 AM   #25
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudaman View Post
I have been using the relative path now and here are the few issues remaining to make it perfect instead of great :-)
I have attached a picture at the bottom to show what I am trying to get.

Adding the pictures as books does not work for me as the pictures remain hidden. Right now they all go in comments and the files placed outside of the book folder.
The issue there is the pictures don't have an auto-sizing as in the cover. I manually make the pictures smaller but then it makes zooming in to read any of the info (back cover ect) unreadable.

Is there a plugin that would allow the auto-resizing?
Not to my knowledge. I have a vague memory of someone suggesting Comments can contain javascript, maybe something could be done with it to resize images and/or present them as a larger overlay.

Have a look at the Media File Importer plugin, I've never felt any need to install it, but it might be relevant to your scenario. The developer, DaltonST, is active and amenable to enhancing his plugins.

Quote:
I am also using Batch files to start different programs and manuals linked to the games I enter. Is there a plugin as well that would allow to have names instead of extension in the book area? That would allow multiple entries with knowledge on which is which. I am sure this would also be useful for books as there might be many versions of the same book to avoid separate entries.
Not sure I fully understand - a picture might help

Nothing comes to mind. The issue of having different editions (perhaps in different languages) of the same book in the same format comes up occasionally. If you search for "supplementary" in the Calibre.Library Management subforum you will find some ideas.

Quote:
I was wanting to add a screenshot but I am not sure how so it will be for next time.
In Advanced Mode click the paper clip icon in the top toolbar, or scroll down and press the "Manage Attachments" button.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote