Thread: Why ePub 3?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #11
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
As I was reading your post I was thinking of asking you what the advantages of epub3 were for the vast majority of us until I got to -

At which point I fell off my chair laughing and choking on my coffee as your own words then make the case for the reasoning behind the original poster's question; a question you seem to have dismissed as not worth asking.
As an aside, using a .doc versus .docx comparison with epub2 vs epub3 is not a good one. While for your usage the advantages of .docx seem to be not apparent, for other than casual users of .docx the advantages are very much apparent and very useful.
Yea, and epub 3 has plenty of features that are useful to a lot of users too just like .docx. Fixed layouts, more language support, more accessibility support, video & sound, MathML,better metadata etc.

Most Word documents could be written in .doc format too. I mean why not use .doc? Then I can open it on my Pentium laptop running Word 97 right?
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote