View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 03:19 AM   #1461
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaur View Post
I'm using a Kobo Forma.
You only list a Paperwhite in your devices, so I assume that was what you had.
Quote:
I'd love to configure your plugin to do as you describe, but I have no idea how to do so. Can you give me some pointers? Cheers
PS I think I've got most of it working already. The bit I'm missing is how to call the update progress for the specific books that have a changed status.
PPS I am guessing the last few lines of the settings in "View library preferences" is what I'm after.

"readingPositionChangesStore": {
"selectBooksInLibrary": false,
"updeateGoodreadsProgress": false
}

I am guessing that at least one of these flags needs to be set to true. I'm unsure of the typo in the last one (updeate) is intentional or not.

I've done some testing but can't get the GR status to update by changing these variables or fixing the typo. Guessing I need to do further configuration elsewhere.
I think you have just found a deficiency in the Kobo Utilities plugin.

Exactly what happens depends on how you run the fetch. If you do it manually, and run in the foreground, it just updates the status in the library and doesn't give the options to update GR.

If you run it in the background, it will display a dialog showing what has changed. That has the options "Select updated books in library" and "Update Goodread reading progress". If the latter is select, the books get selected in the library and the GR sync Update progress dialog is shown for those books.

If you run the fetch automatically when the device is connected, it will depend on if you have "Prompt to store any changes" selected in the configuration. With it selected, it works like the running in the background. You get the list and the options are there. If it isn't selected, it works like running it in the foreground. You do not get the list and you do not get the option to update the progress.

There are some inconsistencies in the above. The options to do the progress update probably should be in the plugin configuration for the store on connect. I'll have to think about that.

I think the above should solve it. If there are more problems, we probably should move over the to Kobo Utilities plugin's thread.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote