View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 11:34 AM   #38
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I feel rather grateful to Kovid for calibre's plugin framework. I remember when the first DeDRM plugin arrived in early 2015 and I could move away from using command line tools. The sheer laziness of adding a book and having the DRM automagically disappear. What can I say? Repetitive work is what computers are for.
I completely agree RE the plugin framework. It's just that I always cringe a bit whenever someone says; "Calibre removes DRM." I know it's a technicality thing, but the distinction is important in this case, I think. Saying Calibre removes DRM implies that Calibre is, itself, DRM-removal software (and everything that would imply, if true) in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Early 2015? I used the Calibre plugin in late 2011.
2009 is the earliest incarnation of the pluginized mobidedrm script I can recall.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 08-06-2021 at 11:53 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote