View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 04:14 AM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
No SD card slot. The only reason I would buy it (unless my eyes go bad) would be for PDF scans of very old technical material, datasheets, books, manuals etc from 1920s to 1960s. This takes a huge amount of storage. The eReader is pointless unless it can store the whole library.
This is why I switched from my Kindle DXG to Kobo Aura HD H2O (earlier version, i added a 32G micro SD card), but it's no good for old magazines and marginal for some books.

Also I would not buy ANY more Kobo products till they change their abusive Firmware update system and improve their abysmal customer support. The new home screen too makes my Kobo much less useful and the text exhortations to use Kobo store at the bottom is invasive and abusive as I bought a device with no such feature. I paid extra on Kindle devices to avoid adverts.

HW features and Firmare seems to be going backwards.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote